What if I have more questions about curbside holds pickup? Last Updated: Jul 08, 2020 Views: 342
What if I have more questions about curbside holds pickup?
You can find basic information about FVRL's curbside service on our Curbside webpage, but if you have more questions, read on!
Why aren't I receiving my hold notices?
To make sure we have your correct contact information, please update your account online with a current email address or sign up for text messages, as these are the preferred methods of hold notifications at this time.
Do I need my library card?
- You must have a FVRL library card to place holds but you won’t need to use it during curbside pickup.
- Please note that eCards can only be used for two requested holds.
What should I do if my card is not working or expired?
If you are unable to place holds because your card has expired or isn’t working, just give us a call at 360-906-5000 or 1-888-546-2707 (area code 509) or 1-800-921-6211 (Yale Valley.) and we’ll be glad to help you solve the issue.(You’ll find more information on this FAQ page.) Please note: if you have moved and/or changed your number in the last two years, let us know so that we can update your information.
What if I don’t drive, will be walking or biking to the library, or don’t have a cell phone in order to call when I arrive?
Please mention this when you schedule your curbside pickup appointment. Accommodations will be made at the pickup location.
Can I pick up holds at the Mall Library?
- Yes, a contactless pickup option inside the Mall is available Monday through Saturday from 10:40 am to 12 pm and from 2 to 5 pm.
- Once you receive notification your hold is available, schedule your appointment.
- When you arrive at the library in the mall, call the Walk Up Holds Appointment number displayed in the Vancouver Mall Library window.
What happens if I can’t make or miss my appointment?
- Please call us at 360-906-5000 as soon as possible if you need to change your appointment.
- If you missed your appointment, we will hold your items for three business days. Please contact us to reschedule another appointment. After three days, your materials will be returned to the collection.
Can I schedule simultaneous pick up for multiple accounts?
Yes, if the items are all available to be picked up at the same location, please let us know the details when you call and you can pick them up in one appointment.
How do I cancel my holds?
You can cancel your holds by logging into your account or by calling our Telephone Info service at 360-906-5000 or 1-888-546-2707 (area code 509) or 1-800-921-6211 (Yale Valley.)
Why have you lowered your hold limit?
We are currently limiting patrons to 10 holds on physical materials per card as a temporary measure to be sure that we can meet demand for curbside service. Thank you for your understanding. The hold limit does not count against what you have checked out or apply to your eBook/eAudio holds.
How long can I keep the library materials?
Library materials are due in three weeks from the date of checked out. If no other patrons have requested the items, they will be renewed automatically up to five times.
Can you look for specific items or provide reading suggestions?
Yes, please give us a call at 360-906-5000 or use the Contact Us form. We are happy to provide reading suggestions or answer any questions.
Have you resumed your Books by Mail service?
Yes, for eligible patrons whose holds are available, we will be mailing those to them following our established procedures.
What are you doing to protect the safety of your patrons and library staff?
- The contactless curbside pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff. Staff will follow CDC guidelines in using personal protective equipment.
- Patrons and staff should not approach one another and should respect the need for social distancing. We ask patrons to remain in the vehicles until our staff leaves the premises. Please call the number on the sign if you have any questions. This may feel uncomfortable but is necessary to provide a safe, contactless pickup service.
- All physical materials have been quarantined for at least 72 hours before they are made available for curbside pickup. In lab testing, the presence of the novel coronavirus is gone after 24 hours on cardboard and 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel. The CDC recommends that a quarantine of library materials (including materials with plastic covers) of 48 hours is sufficient. Our staff is following best practices for sanitation when they retrieve the items for pickup. If you are concerned, you may choose to let your materials sit for up to three days before using them.
- You can find more information at Keeping You, Our Staff and Library Safe.
For all other curbside pickup questions, please use our Contact Us form or call us at 360-906-5000 or 1-888-546-2707 (area code 509) or 1-800-921-6211 (Yale Valley).
Stay safe and stay healthy! Thank you for your patience.
Last Updated: Jul 08, 2020 Views: 342