How do I get started with Zoom? Last Updated: Jun 10, 2020 Views: 14
How do I get started with Zoom?
FVRLibraries will be using Zoom for some of our online programs. For your security, we will always send you an unpublished link and password when we use Zoom.
Joining a Zoom meeting
- An hour before the program starts, you will receive an email with a link to the Zoom meeting and the password to join.
- When you click the meeting link, you may be prompted to download Zoom. Follow the prompts and the meeting should start.
- If you cannot download Zoom, you can go to join.zoom.us and enter the meeting code (also in the email) and password join. You will not have all the functions available with the Zoom download.
Audio and video settings
- Once you have joined the meeting, a pop up window will appear. Click “Join with Computer Audio”. You can also click the “Test Speaker and Microphone” link to test your audio.
- By default, your microphone will be turned off. You can turn it on and off by clicking on the microphone icon.
- If you do not have a microphone or speakers, you can call one of the phone numbers listed in the email to use your phone as your microphone and/or speaker.
- To access advanced audio and video settings, click on the arrow near the microphone and video icons.
Zoom meeting etiquette and rules of conduct
- Please mute yourself if you are not speaking. This will prevent feedback and background noise from interfering with the program.
- Please keep chat comments on-topic and appropriate.
- All attendees at FVRL virtual programs are expected to abide by our Rules of Conduct. Failing to do so may result in your removal from the virtual program.
Zoom has a robust Help page with information about most issues that can occur during a Zoom meeting. Here are some helpful troubleshooting topics.
- Getting started (includes info on installation, troubleshooting, desktop and mobile versions, etc.)
- Joining a meeting
- Audio issues
- Video issues
- Screen sharing (for presenters only)
- Zoom FAQ
Last Updated: Jun 10, 2020 Views: 14