Can I renew my books, DVDs, etc. through your website/catalog? Last Updated: Apr 10, 2019 Views: 213
Can I renew my books, DVDs, etc. through your website/catalog?
Yes! Most physical items may be renewed up to five (5) times, provided no one else has requested them.
Renewal is for three (3) weeks and begins the day you renew. It does not add 21 days from the original due date.
Note: We now have automatic renewals! For your convenience, physical items—like books and DVDs—checked out from FVRLibraries will now be automatically renewed on their due dates, unless they have holds, have exceeded the renewal limit, are Interlibrary Loans, or are "Lucky Day" copies. If we have your email address in your account, you will receive an email confirmation of the new due date OR an email to alert you that your item is needed by another patron and must be returned on the original due date.
You may also renew most physical items on, before, or up to 28 days after the due date. Here's how:
- Starting at www.fvrl.org, either click the yellow My Account/Renew button, OR click Log in from the "My Account column" of the "Using the Library" menu.
- Type in your library card number and PIN when prompted, and click Log in.
- Make sure you are looking at Library Checkouts in the Checkouts tab. You should see a list of items you currently have checked out and their due dates. You can renew titles by checking the box by the cover & title or checking Select All, and then clicking Renew. Note: overdue items will be preceded by a red exclamation mark.
- You will see a confirmation box. Just click Yes to proceed.
- When your renewal is successful, you'll see a note to that effect and a new due date for the material you selected.
Note: If an item is a Lucky Day item, has already been renewed the maximum number of times, or is on hold for someone else, you will see a note to this effect and must return the item by the original due date.
If an item is 28 or more days overdue, it moves to "Lost" status and cannot be renewed. Your account is then billed for the replacement cost of the item. Please return the item in good condition or pay the bill.
Last Updated: Apr 10, 2019 Views: 213