How do I download my eBook or eAudiobook? Last Updated: Apr 11, 2020 Views: 857
How do I download my eBook or eAudiobook?
We offer eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive, and audiobooks through RBdigital. The download method depends on the app you use.
There are three ways to download an OverDrive checkout:
- Use the Libby app. If your device is connected to wifi, in most cases, the Libby app will download checked-out titles to your Loans shelf automatically. (If your device is using a cellular signal, opening a book will prompt Libby to stream pages or playback.) Tap the Libby icon in the upper right-hand corner to Set Up Libby and manage (change) your download rules if necessary.
- Use the OverDrive app. If you sign in to our OverDrive website within the app, you can download your checked-out book directly to the app and then open it from your Bookshelf.
- Use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on a computer to download an eBook if your device isn't compatible with Libby or the OverDrive app. You can use ADE to transfer to an eReader.
- Note: you can also read online in a browser window using the OverDrive Read or OverDrive Listen formats.
RBdigital downloads checkouts to their app whenever you are connected to wifi. Any books automatically checked out to you will be visible on your app's Checkouts shelf. You can look beneath the cover of a book on your Checkouts shelf to see the download status.
- The app will not download over a cellular signal, and streaming audio uses a lot of data. Check to be sure the book is fully downloaded before beginning playback.
Need additional help? Please contact us!
Last Updated: Apr 11, 2020 Views: 857