What is Kanopy, and how do I use it? Last Updated: Jul 13, 2019 Views: 258
What is Kanopy, and how do I use it?
Kanopy is a streaming video service that offers independent films, documentaries, classic films, Great Courses, world cinema, LGBTQ cinema, and much more.
- Borrow up to 10 films per month (play credits reset on the first of the month).
- Checkout lasts 3 days.
- To begin, create a free account using your email address and a password of your choice.
- Verify your email and enter your card number and PIN to complete sign-up.
- Download apps for iOS, Android, Kindle, Roku, Apple TV, and other TV apps from your device's app store.
- Watch online in a browser window.
- Find Help if you need it.
- Collection will change as Kanopy adds and deletes material; we do not select Kanopy content.
Kanopy also offers children's movies, shows, and educational programs through Kanopy Kids.
- When you open Kanopy, select "Go to Kanopy Kids."
- Unlimited borrowing and viewing is allowed in Kanopy Kids.
- You can set parental controls, so young viewers stay in the Kanopy Kids area.
- Learn more about Kanopy Kids!
Some things to note:
- Borrowing history is viewable from a web browser but not from the apps at present.
- To more easily find titles you wish to watch or have already borrowed, add them to your Watchlist.
- The mobile version of the Kanopy app includes a menu option to Continue Watching any videos you have started but not completed. If a video is not currently checked out by you, tapping to Continue Watching will use one of your monthly borrowing credits.
You can also stream or download movies and TV episodes through Hoopla. For more information, see our Video resources page.
Need more tech help? Please contact us!
Last Updated: Jul 13, 2019 Views: 258