How do I update my email address in OverDrive? Last Updated: Mar 03, 2020 Views: 1939
How do I update my email address in OverDrive?
You can update your OverDrive email three ways:
For Libby users:
If you know how to turn off Libby app notifications from within your device's main Settings menu, you can choose to do that, then open the Libby app and follow Steps 2-6 below.
Otherwise, you can use a computer or mobile device to update your preferences:
- In a browser window, go to Libbyapp.com and follow prompts to sign in
- Click the Libby menu icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Click "Manage Notifications" in the upper right-hand corner (you may first need to click through any other notification "cards" to dismiss them)
- Scroll to the bottom and click either "Fix This" (for the first time you sign in) or "Change this?" (to edit an existing email address)
- Type in your email address and click Next
- Update the list of notification options to suit your preferences
Through an unavailable hold:
- Sign in to OverDrive in a browser or the OverDrive app.
- Tap My Account, then tap Holds.
- Choose any hold and look beneath the cover for "Edit email." Click and enter your new email address. Updating the email in one hold will update the email in all future holds, but you must update all existing holds individually.
- Sign in, then look for your name in the upper right corner and click on the down-arrow next to it.
- Click "Settings" on the drop-down menu, erase the old email listed under "Personal details" and type in the new email address.
- Scroll down and click "Save."
- Sign in to your email account, find the verification email from OverDrive, click the link, and then click the Verify button.
What if a hold notice went to my old address?
- You have 3 days (72 hours) to check out an available hold. If you miss the email notification and/or in-app notifications, OverDrive will suspend your available hold for 7 days as a courtesy the first time (per hold). If you miss your hold the second time it becomes available, the hold will be canceled. Please keep your email address current through one of the methods above.
- NOTE: As of March 3, 2020, OverDrive eliminated Auto-checkout in favor of Hold Redelivery. Find out more here.
- If you have seven items checked out, you have three days to return one of the books and check the hold out manually.
Note: It is possible to have one email address connected to the Libby app and a different one connected to the FVRL OverDrive website, so if you use more than one app or method to read your books, please follow the directions above to make sure you have your current email address in all locations.
Still have questions? Contact us!
Last Updated: Mar 03, 2020 Views: 1939