My OverDrive book won't download to my device. What can I do? Last Updated: Feb 15, 2020 Views: 6586
My OverDrive book won't download to my device. What can I do?
First, double-check that you are connected to Wi-Fi.
Downloading to Android or iOS devices
Download EPUB format eBooks to the OverDrive app.
- If you haven't already done so, install the OverDrive app for Android or iOS on your device, then skip to Step 4. If you have been using the app, go to Step 2.
- Go back to the main app menu and tap "Settings." Then tap "delete app cookies."
- Close the app and restart your device.
- On the Bookshelf, tap Add a Title OR go back to the main app menu, then find "Fort Vancouver Regional Library" at the very top of the menu and tap on it. This will take you to the FVRL OverDrive home page.
- Look for the icon of the 3 books standing together and tap that. Sign in with your library card number and PIN. This takes you to your "Loans" page.
- Find the book you want to download on your Loans shelf, and tap EPUB to download it again.
Downloading to a computer with Adobe Digital Editions
- Verify that you have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions, NOT Adobe Reader.
- If you installed Reader by mistake, we suggest you uninstall it before downloading Adobe Digital Editions, as the two applications don't always work well together.
- Authorize Adobe Digital Editions with your OverDrive account.
- Verify that your computer is set up to open OverDrive books with Adobe Digital Editions.
- Open a browser, sign in to OverDrive and go to your Loans shelf, then try to download the book in EPUB format again.
Downloading to Kindle devices
Troubleshooting Kindle-format downloads
- Be sure your Kindle is registered.
- Be sure you've followed all the steps from OverDrive's help site.
- Be sure your device can support Kindle format. If you have an Android or iOS device, there is probably a Kindle app for your device that you can install so you can read your book.
- Be sure your Kindle or the Kindle app on your device is synced:
If you wanted Kindle format but picked EPUB format by mistake
Unfortunately, you can't change formats once one has been selected. Here are some things you can do:
- You can install the OverDrive app for Kindle on compatible Kindle Fires and read the book in the app.
- You can use OverDrive Read to read the title online.
- You can use the Libby app on a compatible (non-Kindle) device to read.
- You can return the book so you can check it out again and download it in Kindle format.
Still having trouble? Please contact us!
Last Updated: Feb 15, 2020 Views: 6586