How do I renew my books/checkouts? Last Updated: Oct 04, 2018 Views: 600
How do I renew my books/checkouts?
Most physical items may be renewed up to five (5) times, provided no one else has requested them.
Renewal is for three (3) weeks and begins the day you renew. It does not add 21 days from the original due date.
You may renew most physical items on, before, or up to 28 days after the due date. Here's how:
- Use My Account. (instructions)
- Call our automated phone system at 360-750-9999 or toll-free 1-800-750-9876 (from area code 509 only) 24/7, at your convenience.
- Call a human being at 360-906-5000 (888-546-2707 from area code 509, or 800-921-6211 from Yale Valley), 9am-8pm Mon-Thu, or 10am-6pm Fri-Sun.
- Bring the items into a library and ask a staff member to renew them in person.
Sometimes you may not be able to renew your materials. Here's why:
- If you have materials that have been overdue for more than 28 days, and have been billed for these materials, you cannot renew them. You must return them to the library to remove the charge from your account.
- If someone else has the materials on hold.
- If you have already renewed the materials five times.
- If you have "Lucky Day" copies.
Beginning August 20, 2018, physical items checked out from FVRLibraries will be automatically renewed on their due dates unless they are on hold for someone else, have exceeded the renewal limits, are Interlibrary Loans, or are "Lucky Day" copies. If your email address is in your library account, you will receive an email with the new due date OR notification that the item(s) cannot be renewed and must be returned on the original due date.
You may also renew items in your RBdigital (formerly OneClick Digital) account if there are no holds on those items. To do this, you must log in to your RBdigital account separately—renewals are not linked to the regular library accounts accessed through the catalog.
OverDrive allows you to request items again within the last 3 days of the checkout period, but it doesn't extend the loan. For more information, see OverDrive's Renewal Help page.
Last Updated: Oct 04, 2018 Views: 600