Can I receive my library notices via text message? Last Updated: Oct 12, 2018 Views: 153
Can I receive my library notices via text message?
Yes! You can choose to receive any or all of five types of notices (including hold pickup, due date reminders, or overdue items) via text message. Here's how:
- Log in to your library account.
- Go to your "Personal Information" tab.
- Click on the bottom menu choice that says "Text Notifications."
- Enter your phone number.
- Make up a label for your phone (e.g. "my phone").
- Choose which types of notices you prefer to receive via text.
- Click "Save."
- Text notifications will be in addition to your previous notification method (email, phone call, or US mail), with the exception of the first hold notice for an item, which will come via text only.
- Texted hold notices will tell you a hold is ready for pickup and which location has it, but do not include information about the item.
- If an item is overdue and cannot be auto-renewed, you will receive a courtesy text one day after the due date.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, and Interlibrary Loan items are not eligible for text notices at this time.
Need additional assistance? Please contact us.
Last Updated: Oct 12, 2018 Views: 153