What can I do to help my child keep learning while schools are closed? Last Updated: Mar 27, 2020 Views: 651
What can I do to help my child keep learning while schools are closed?
The closure of Washington State Schools through April 24, 2020 has left some families wondering how to keep their children engaged and learning even if they’re not going to school. Below, you can find resources for families during the current school closure. While these are not a substitute for in person classes, they may help students keep going with topics they've learned in school, or dig into something new!
Resources to Get Started With:
If you are looking for a place to get started, these resources provide sets of curated lessons for a variety of grades.
- Age Range: PreSchool - Elementary
- Find worksheets on math, reading, and writing for elementary age students. 40 weeks of lessons on each subject are available for each grade level. You can also find a week of material in their independent study packets, with new packets being added each week.
- Age Range: PreSchool - High School
- Expert-created content and resources for every course and level. Always free. Specially created resources for parents and teachers include daily schedules, a quick start guide, getting started information.
- Age Range: Elementary - High School
- Online activities packets on reading, science, and social studies by grade. Each packet contains around 10 activities, each designed to take about 30-40 minutes.
- Age Range: Elementary - Middle School
- Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers.
Want to dig a little deeper into a certain subject? Check out the subject lists below:
- Art and Culture
- Fun and Entertainment
- Health and Wellness
- Reading and Writing
- Science and Math
School District Resources
Several school districts have also developed their own resource lists as well. While many of the resources are open to all, please be aware that some lists may contain resources specific to students of that school district.
- Battle Ground Public Schools
- Evergreen School District
- Green Mountain School District
- Hockinson School District
- La Center School District
- Ridgefield School District
- Vancouver Public Schools
- Washington School for the Deaf
- Washougal School District
Check back often as we update and add additional resources.
Last Updated: Mar 27, 2020 Views: 651