How do I clear the cache in the Libby app? Last Updated: Jan 03, 2018 Views: 27
How do I clear the cache in the Libby app?
The Libby app is designed to regularly check in with OverDrive, to be sure that the information it has about your checkouts and holds is correct, and to enable the app to sync with the Libby apps on your other devices. Most of the time, this ensures that any cached information is up-to-date, but occasionally, the data gets corrupted and the app requires a quick reset.
Because a reset erases all stored information, it will delete any downloaded books - but a reset will not return your books. They will still be checked out to you, and if your device is connected to wifi, Libby will download new copies. An app reset will not affect your holds.
Here's what you do:
- Open the Libby app, then find the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner of the screen and tap to open the app's side menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap on the "Libby" logo.
- A screen will open with information about the app. Scroll to the bottom and tap on a red button marked "reset application."
- The app will ask you to confirm that you want to reset. Tap "yes, reset".
- Sign back in to the Libby app, with either your OverDrive account email and password, or your library card number and PIN.
- If you have books checked out, leave the app open and the device connected to wifi so Libby can re-download your books.
If you see this symbol next to a book cover on your Loans shelf, it means the book has not yet downloaded. Tap the cloud, then tap "download" to prompt Libby to add the book to your Loans shelf.
Still need assistance? Please contact us!
Last Updated: Jan 03, 2018 Views: 27