What is Kanopy, and how do I use it? Last Updated: Oct 31, 2018 Views: 80
What is Kanopy, and how do I use it?
Kanopy is a streaming video service that offers independent films, documentaries, classic films, Great Courses, world cinema, LGBTQ cinema, and much more.
- Borrow up to 10 films per month (play credits reset on the first of the month).
- Checkout lasts 3 days.
- To begin, create a free account using your email address and a password of your choice.
- Verify your email and enter your card number and PIN to complete sign-up.
- Download apps for iOS, Android, Roku, and Apple TV from your device's app store.
- Watch online in a browser window.
- Find Help if you need it.
- Collection will change as Kanopy adds and deletes material; we do not select Kanopy content.
Some things to note:
- Borrowing history is viewable from a web browser but not from the apps at present.
- To more easily find titles you wish to watch or have already borrowed, add them to your Watchlist.
- The iOS version of the Kanopy app includes a menu option to Continue Watching any videos you have started but not completed. If a video is not currently checked out by you, tapping to Continue Watching will use one of your monthly borrowing credits. The Android version of the app does not currently offer this feature.
You can also stream or download movies and TV episodes through Hoopla. For more information, see our Video resources page.
Last Updated: Oct 31, 2018 Views: 80