What is BookMyne and how does it work? Last Updated: Dec 04, 2017 Views: 12
What is BookMyne and how does it work?
BookMyne is an app for iOS and Android which lets you access the library catalog directly, without a browser. You can use it to search for physical library materials (such as print books and CD audiobooks) to find out whether they are available for checkout at any of the library branches. BookMyne can also show you when your checked out books are due, and offers a choice to renew your materials (where possible).
Please note: eBook and MP3 audiobook checkouts will not be visible in BookMyne. We recommend using our digital book vendors' websites and apps to see the status of digital checkouts and holds. (Learn more about OverDrive / RBdigital / Odilo.)
You can find BookMyne in your device's App Store, or download it here. This is how you set it up:
- Tap "Find Library," and when the app asks if it can use your device's location service, tap "allow."
- Tap "Nearby Search," and the app will show you a list of nearby library branches. Select a branch, and the app will store the name so it can show you items at that branch.
- The app will take you to the home screen. At the top will be two choices: "Change Library" and "Change User."
- Tap "Change User" to sign in with your card number and PIN. This will sign you in to both the app and the library catalog, so you can check your account status and place holds on items through the app.
- Tap "Change Library" to add additional library branches to the app. BookMyne can then show you information about the materials at each of those locations.
Now your app is ready to search for books! Tap on "Search" and type in a title, author, or subject to start browsing, or tap "My Account" to see details about your checkouts and holds.
Need additional assistance? Please contact us!
Last Updated: Dec 04, 2017 Views: 12