I accidentally chose Kindle format. Can you change it to EPUB? Last Updated: Nov 08, 2017 Views: 4
I accidentally chose Kindle format. Can you change it to EPUB?
Once a format has been selected, it can't be changed without first returning the title and checking it back out. However, there are ways to get around the format problem!
- Use OverDrive Read. Format doesn't matter with OverDrive Read, because it doesn't rely on downloading; instead, you read the book in a browser window.
- Start on the FVRL OverDrive home page, sign in and go to your Loans page.
- Next to your book, you'll see an option to "Read now in your browser." Click that to start reading!
- On most devices you can also choose "Offline Access" from the OverDrive Read menu, then "Start Download" to download a copy for reading without (maintaining) an internet connection. Be sure to bookmark the eBook in your browser or save the book's URL so you can access it in your browser once you're offline.
- When you're finished, you can return the book through Amazon or ask us to return it for you.
- Try the Libby app. Do you have an Android device running version 4.4 or higher; an iOS device running version 9 or higher; or a Windows 10 computer, tablet, or smartphone? If so, your device supports Libby, which can handle OverDrive eBooks in any format.
- Search the App Store for "Libby by OverDrive," install the app, and follow the setup instructions.
- On the home screen, look just above the red "New Additions" stripe for "Add your library card," tap it, and type in your card number and PIN.
- You'll return to the Home screen. Look at the very bottom for "Shelf" and tap. Your book should be there, ready to read!
- Get the Kindle app for your device. Amazon offers its Kindle app for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac, and if your device supports it, you can use it to read an OverDrive eBook in Kindle format.
There is almost always a work-around when you download the wrong format. However, we are also happy to return the title for you so you can check out a fresh copy or put it back on hold, just ask for help!
Last Updated: Nov 08, 2017 Views: 4