Why can't I place a hold on this book / CD audiobook / DVD? Last Updated: Aug 19, 2017 Views: 23
Why can't I place a hold on this book / CD audiobook / DVD?
There are several reasons why the catalog might block your ability to place a hold on a physical item in our collection. Most are account-related, but in some cases, the material might belong to the Camas Library.
[Think there might be a problem with your Fort Vancouver Regional Library card? Click here to see a list of common account issues and solutions.]
The Camas Library is funded by the City of Camas, and although it shares a catalog with us, Camas Library is not part of the Fort Vancouver Regional Library system. This means there are certain restrictions for FVRL cardholders.
FVRL cardholders cannot place holds on:
- New books - cannot place holds with an FVRL card. Camas items stay in "new book" status for approximately 6 months.
- Books in "on order" status in the library catalog (unless FVRL also has copies on order)
- Camas reference materials - must be viewed at the Camas Library
FVRL cardholders can place holds on:
- Print books, books on CD and DVDs: holds may be sent to any FVRL library branch for pickup. 3 week checkout period plus 5 renewals.
- Book discussion kits: check out for 12 weeks, may be renewed up to 5 times.
- DVDs: limit 5 per card, 3 week checkout plus 5 renewals.
See a Camas item that you would like us to add to the FVRL collection? Log in to Suggest a purchase!
Still have questions? Please contact us!
Last Updated: Aug 19, 2017 Views: 23