My OverDrive book won't download to my device. Last Updated: May 05, 2017 Views: 202
My OverDrive book won't download to my device.
We're so sorry! OverDrive now requires anyone over 13 years of age to sign in with a verified OverDrive account using email and password in order to download books. Signing into OverDrive with a library card number and PIN, even through the Library Catalog, will cause download errors.
First, use a verified OverDrive account to sign into OverDrive or the app
If you were using your library card number to sign in:
- Sign into your OverDrive account with your email and password instead (visit the library's OverDrive site if you don't have the app).
If you don't have an OverDrive account:
- Create an account here - just fill out the boxes under "Enter your details."
- You will be prompted to verify the new account. Check your email for a message from OverDrive and follow the instructions.
If you already use an email and password to sign into OverDrive:
- Sign in at overdrive.com with your account email and password to find out whether your account has been verified.
- If it has not, you will get a message with a link to re-send a verification email. Click the link, then check your email for a message from OverDrive and follow the instructions in it to verify your account. OverDrive should tell you that your account was successfully verified.
If you downloaded your book in kindle format:
- You're good to go from now on, but the book you tried to download is stuck.
- To read the stuck book, you can either use OverDrive Read or you can ask us to return the book for you so you can check it out again.
If you didn't download your book in kindle format:
- Open the OverDrive app, find "Account" on the app menu, and tap to open. Then tap "sign out."
- Go back to the main app menu and tap "Settings." Then tap "delete app cookies."
- Go back to the main app menu, then find "Fort Vancouver Regional Library" at the very top of the menu and tap on it. This will take you to the FVRL OverDrive home page.
- Look in the upper right area of the page for a little picture of three books. To the right of the picture will be three horizontal bars. Tap on the bars. A menu will open with "My Account" at the top.
- Tap on "My Account" to open a list of options. Tap on "Sign Out" at the bottom of the list.
- You will return to the home page. Tap on the picture of three books to sign in. You will see an option to "Sign in with OverDrive," or "Sign in with your OverDrive account." Enter your account email and password, tap the box marked "keep me signed in on this device," and then tap "Sign in."
- The home page will appear again. Tap the three books, and you will see a list of options. Tap on "Loans" at the top of the list.
- Find the book you want to download on your Loans shelf, and tap EPUB to download it again.
Still having trouble?
Request Tech Help and we'll contact you to provide additional assistance.
Last Updated: May 05, 2017 Views: 202