My OverDrive book won't download to my device. Last Updated: Apr 03, 2018 Views: 528
My OverDrive book won't download to my device.
Before you get started:
[Note: if you wanted Kindle format but chose EPUB by mistake, it will not be possible to download the book again in Kindle format. You can: install the OverDrive app for Kindle on compatible Kindle Fires and read the book in the app; You can use OverDrive Read; Or you can return the book so you can check it out again and download it in Kindle format.]
If you have an Android or iOS device:
- You might try the new OverDrive mobile app, Libby. Switching to Libby may solve Android and iOS download issues. Here's how to get started with Libby.
If you are new to OverDrive:
- Sign in at OverDrive.com to find out whether you have a verified account.
- If you don't have an account, you can create one here. Just fill in the boxes under "Enter your details." Be sure to verify the account.
- If you already have an account but it has not been verified, you will get a message with a link to re-send a verification email. Click the link, then check your email for a message from OverDrive and follow the instructions in it to verify your account. OverDrive should tell you that your account was successfully verified.
- Learn more about OverDrive here.
If you aren't sure you are connected to library wifi, here are instructions.
Get your book
- Be sure your Kindle is registered.
- Be sure you've followed all the steps, beginning on OverDrive's website.
- Be sure your device can support Kindle format. If you have an Android or iOS device, there is probably a Kindle app for your device that you can install so you can read your book.
- Be sure your Kindle or the Kindle app on your device is synced:
- Open the OverDrive app, find "Account" on the app menu, and tap to open. Then tap "sign out."
- Go back to the main app menu and tap "Settings." Then tap "delete app cookies."
- Go back to the main app menu, then find "Fort Vancouver Regional Library" at the very top of the menu and tap on it. This will take you to the FVRL OverDrive home page.
- Sign in with your OverDrive account email and password. A menu will open with "My Account" at the top.
- Tap on "My Account" to open a list of options. Tap on "Loans" at the top of the list.
- Find the book you want to download on your Loans shelf, and tap EPUB to download it again.
Adobe Digital Editions:
- Verify that you have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions, NOT Adobe Reader.
- If you installed Reader by mistake, we suggest you uninstall it before downloading Adobe Digital Editions, as the two applications don't always work well together.
- Verify that your computer is set up to open OverDrive books with Adobe Digital Editions.
- Open a browser, sign in to OverDrive and go to your Loans shelf, then try to download the book in EPUB format again.
Still having trouble? Please contact us!
Last Updated: Apr 03, 2018 Views: 528