What types of items are unavailable or difficult to obtain through Interlibrary Loan? Last Updated: Nov 01, 2018 Views: 74
What types of items are unavailable or difficult to obtain through Interlibrary Loan?
- Materials the library is unable to borrow are:
- eBooks and downloadable audio
- Audiovisual materials like DVDs, videos, CDs, and cassettes
- Materials from libraries outside of the United States
- Books published within the last two years
- Textbooks and entire issues of magazines and journals are generally not available through Interlibrary Loan.
- Microfilm can be difficult to obtain.
- Some libraries, especially genealogical libraries, may be willing to photocopy portions of their materials, rather than lend them, if patrons can provide a specific description of what they need.
For audiovisual or newer material requests, please log in and fill out the Request a Purchase form or contact the library. Librarians will review the request and will purchase the item if it meets our selection criteria, is available from our vendors, and we have the funds available to do so.
FVRL also subscribes to two platforms for downloadable audiobooks, RBdigital and Overdrive, with more than 17,000 titles available to our patrons. Library staff are happy to assist you in using these library resources.
Last Updated: Nov 01, 2018 Views: 74