Why do I have a bill on my account? Last Updated: Jan 27, 2017 Views: 68
Why do I have a bill on my account?
FVRL does not charge late fees (aka fines) for overdue materials. Please see: Library Cards and scroll down the page to the heading "Your Responsibilities" or read on for more information....
You will be charged a fee under the following conditions:
- The item is returned damaged beyond repair
- An item is returned, but is missing parts
- The item is not returned or renewed for 28 days from the due date. It is considered lost, and you are charged for the price of the item.
Your library card will be blocked and privileges suspended if you owe $25 or more for items billed as lost or damaged.
Thirty (30) days after billing, unpaid charges of $40 or more on your account will be turned over to a collection agency and assessed an additional, non-refundable $10 fee to cover the library’s cost for this service.
You may return billed items, pay online or come in to any library location to restore library privileges. Here's how:
- For a blocked account: Resolve your account balance to under $25, either through payment or return of billed materials.
- For an account in collections: Resolve the entire account balance to $0.
- For an account blocked by interlibrary loan (ILL) bills: Resolve the entire amount charged by the lending library.
Last Updated: Jan 27, 2017 Views: 68