Can I receive my library notices via text message? Last Updated: Feb 14, 2019 Views: 167
Can I receive my library notices via text message?
Yes! You can choose to receive any or all of five types of notices (including hold pickup, due date reminders, or overdue items) via text message. Here's how:
- Log in to your library account.
- Go to your "Personal Information" tab.
- Click on the bottom menu choice that says "Text Notifications" and click "Add New" if you've never added text notifications before.
- Make up a label for your phone (e.g. "my phone").
- Enter your phone number.
- Choose which types of notices you wish to receive via text. (Note: Bill notices, Manual message, and General announcements are listed as options when you sign up, but we aren’t currently using those options.)
- Click "Save."
- Text notifications will be in addition to your previous notification method (email, phone call, or US mail), with the exception of the first hold notice for an item, which will come via text only if the item becomes available during library open hours.
- Texted hold notices will tell you a hold is ready for pickup and which location has it, but do not include information about the item.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, and Interlibrary Loan items are not eligible for text notices at this time.
Need more help? Please contact us.
Last Updated: Feb 14, 2019 Views: 167